coastal SC hummers, 12-26

Hi y'all,
    This a.m. in Murrells Inlet (Georgetown Cty.) I banded an imm. male
Black-chinned and my first fem. Rufous. The Rufous has been around since
Oct. and had spurned me on two previous capture attempts. Third time's the
charm.  ;-)
    The BCHU was a way cool surprise, the third banded in SC (all 3 in
2001...Woohoo!)
    This marks 3 hummer species banded in the host's yard since Nov. 2.
    She says she's seen a "tiny little" hummer lately, too....I might go
pitch my tent in their yard.
    Wonder what we'll find if there's ever a frost here?

Woohoo! I just luv this stuff....

;-)

gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
walela@sccoast.net
"Never has the earth been so lovely nor the sun so bright, as today..."
(Nikinapi)