Lake Murray 12-30

HI Carolinabirders,

I'm back in Irmo SC visiting my in-laws. At least five Lesser Scaup and 2
Ring-necked Ducks have been patrolling off the lakeshore near the house,
the first time I've seen either here. More normal waterbirds include a
raft of 182 American Coots, a dozen Common Loons, a Belted Kingfisher, a
Great Blue Heron, and a few each of Pied-billed Grebe, Bufflehead, and
Killdeer. Loads of landbirds, including a Sapsucker and many Pine and
Yellow-rumped Warblers and a few Ruby-crowned Kinglets, but nothing
unusual.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose