Ash-throated Flycatcher present Saturday

Norm Budnitz and I saw the Ash-throated Flycatcher at the usual spot
(intersection of Long Curve and Link Roads, Alligator River NWR) at about
11:30 am Saturday.  The bird spent most of its time back in the trees (out
of sight) and only came out briefly.  Allen Bryan mentioned that he'd seen
it eating Smilax berries, so that may explain why it isn't seen out in the
field more often.  I'll post photos later.

We didn't see any Rough-legged Hawks Saturday, despite hours of scanning
raptors.  There are huge numbers of Northern Harriers and plenty of Bald
Eagles and Red-tailed Hawks to look through!

We spent a couple of hours in the early afternoon at the Western Kingbird
spot but didn't see a one.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu