Snowy Towhees!

Here in NE Raleigh, I was delighted to see a Fox Sparrow and 6 Rufous-sided Towhees feeding alongside the "usual suspects," White-throated Sparrows, Cardinals, Juncos, etc.

In addition to the seed that the male Cardinal tosses out of the feeder, I had sprinkled more birdseed onto the snow between our deck & the house.  The Towhees, in particular, seem to like the shelter of the deck.

Interestingly though, I saw only 2 Bluejays and no sign of Carolina Wrens, although I have heard the wrens every day (sometimes way too early outside my bedroom window!)
Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh, NC