Monk nest gone from Rocky Mount (fwd)

I think Ron meant to send this to the list, not just to me... JSR
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:34:36 -0500
From: Ron <oldapple@bighorsecreekfarm.com>

Hi folks,
    With regard to the nesting Monk Parakeets (Quaker Parrots) near Rocky
Mt. we reported not long ago, we received information that the nest was
recently destroyed by fire. Apparently, high winds blew the nest onto a
"hot" wire above the transformer and it and the utility pole went up in
flames. We have not returned to the site so cannot confirm any of this. No
Parakeet bodies were found in the rubble so we assume they survived and have
relocated to another site. Nash Co. birders in the area should keep their
eyes open for a new nest going up soon.

    Good birding to all.

Ron and Suzanne Joyner
Big Horse Creek Farm