field trip and lecture

Greetings bird enthusiasts,

My father, William R. Stott, Jr., is a well-known naturalist, birder,
and board member of the American Birding Association. He will be leading
a morning of birdwatching in the Outer Banks on Sunday, September 29th,
beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the Pea Island Refuge Visitors Center. We'll
begin at the Visitors center and move north. Depending on bird numbers
we may stop at the blind adjacent to the north pond, hop the dune to
check out the shore line, and check the groin and Coast Guard Station
grounds at Oregon Inlet for migrating passerines.

Then, on Monday, 30 September at 7 p.m. he will present a slide show and
lecture on "Wetlands ad Waterfowl" at Roanoke Island's Festival Park.
Although it's early in the season (his travel schedule necessitated the
early date)  the presentation promises to be a good primer on field
identification of waterfowl as well as a thought provoking discussion of
the nature and significance of eastern wetlands.

The birding and public lecture are open to the public and free of
charge; both are sponsored by the Albemarle Ecological Field Site. Come
and enjoy a couple of days of birding and natural history discussion.

Regards,

William
William R. Stott, III
Director, Albemarle Ecological Field Site
Carolina Environmental Program
(919) 966-99296 - Chapel Hill
(252) 473-2925 - Manteo

william_stott@unc.edu