Shepherd Nature Trail in Duke Forest sightings

Birders,

Will Cook and I took a quick hike around Shepherd Nature Trail in Duke
Forest here in Durham, NC at lunchtime today (8 Oct).  Overall it was
pretty quiet and disappointing -- we'd had high hopes following last
night's cold front.  There were only a few little flocks with very few
migrants (Black-throated Blue, Am. Redstart, Sharp-shinned Hawk (sailing
overhead)).

The "highlight" was finding our first Ruby-crowned Kinglet and
White-throated Sparrow of the year.  Oh boy.

Good birding,

Jeff

Jeff Pippen   	 				 jspippen@duke.edu
Biology Dept. Box 90338
Duke University, Durham, NC  27708		PH: (919) 660-7278