Fox Sparrow, 751

Hi all,

In a brief stop at Ebenezer Point today (Jordan Lake, Chatham Cty,
NC), I found my first FOX SPARROW of the Fall.  I also saw a line
of about 10 BONAPARTE'S GULLS moving across the lake, as
well as a COMMON LOON out in the middle of the lake.  There
were several rafts of birds near the far side, but I'd forgotten my
scope, so I couldn't make out any details whatsoever.  The other
passerines were all pretty typical - both Kinglets, Song & White-
throated Sparrows, etc.  No creepers/nuthatches/wrens of note
other than the year-rounders.

As a note, it appears that the 751 paving project is reaching the
751 bridge area, so if you bird around the bridge, please park and
drive carefully.  The entrance to the parking area for the platform
just south of the bridge area is currently closed, and there are
markers/lights being setup all along the road through that area.

Best and good birding,

-Sandy
--
Sandy Cash