Rusty Blackbirds @ Brickhouse Road

Folks,

I was out at Brickhouse Road today in the Butner Gamelands (Durham, NC) watching butterflies, I found 16 species of butterflies. Anyway while down on the lower road at the first parking lot I encountered 2 flocks of Rusty Blackbirds in the flooded trees. The first flock had 10-12 birds and all allowed very good looks at them from 30-40 foot away. On my way back I found another flock with 30-40 birds but only IDed a few of them as they didn't hang around for my pleasure.

Sparrows were abundant and juncos were everywhere I saw at least 200 of them.

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC