Henderson County Update

Folks,
        It just keeps getting better and better!!!!  This afternoon at about
2:30 PM Ron Selvey called to tell me had 2 SURF SCOTERS on Lake Osceola in
Hendersonville.  I got there about 15 minutes later and we had brilliant
scope views as well as pretty good video of both birds.  We watched them in
the scope, in great light at 20X  to 60X.  My experience with these birds in
the mountains is that you usually find them in very poor weather, when
viewing conditions are less them ideal.  To watch them in great light, on a
glassy, calm lake was wonderful.  The last time I saw Surf Scoter in
Henderson County was Nov. 26, 1993!
Best regards,
Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe