Mason Farm BP access

In case anyone else has had the trouble getting their key-card to open the
gate to Mason Farm (as I did this weekend) - I just found out that the NC
Botanical Gardens has deactivated any access card that was issued more than
a year ago.  This action has nothing to do with whether your permit is
up-to-date (which is implied by the signs they have posted at the
entrance): rather, they are trying to determine who's using the area and
who is not so they can update their database.  If your card does not work,
you will need to go to the NC Botanical Gardens office and get a new one
(but your permit will still be good until the end of the year, as usual).
Laura

"Nobody who is not prepared to spoil cats will get from them the reward
they are able to give." - Compton Mackenzie

Laura J. Lewis-Tuffin
Dept. of Neurobiology  Duke University
DUMC Box 3209  Durham, NC 27710
lab, (919)681-4270  fax, (919)684-4431