Need ID help

I will try to explain this as best I can.  ID help with a woodpecker - I
guess.  I got like a 3 min look at this bird thru binos.  At first I thought it
was a Red-Bellied Woodpecker.  No, that wasn't it.  Next I thought it was a
flicker. No, not a close enough match.  Here is the description.
Size of RB woodpecker or flicker
some red on the head
brownish back
black eye line
no black mustach mark
>From the angle I was looking, I couldn't tell if there was black on the chest
or not, nor did I see the front of the bird.  But it was certainly pecking away
at something on the pine tree.  Looked in all of my field guides and couldn't
find one with a black eye-line.
I also did not hear it.  That would have been the perfect indicator.
Thanks.
--
Cecille Leopard
Harrisburg NC