Beaver Lake bird walk

The monthly bird walk at Elisha Mitchell Audubon's Beaver Lake Bird
Sanctuary in north Asheville will take place tomorrow as scheduled.  Esther
and I walked around the sanctuary today and found only a few limbs down and
a few small white pines bowed over the paths and boardwalk.  We were able
to get most of those out of the way.

There'll be a bit of ice on the boardwalk and no doubt the temps will be
frigid -- but maybe some great bird will show up.

So the walk is on at 9 a.m. tomorrow.  Bundle up and come on out.

Directions:  Take Merrimon Ave. north from I-240 for about 2 miles.  As you
pass an Ingle's grocery on your right, get in the left lane.  Just beyond
the Beverly Hanks realty, you'll see a guardrail on the left.  Turn in to
the sanctuary parking lot beyond the guardrail, opposite Dover St.

cheers,

Len Pardue
Asheville NC