Bathing birds

I was surprised to see, in the height of the ice storm on Thursday, two
birds taking a bath in a snow surrounded puddle on two separate occasions.
It wasn't very warm out, but they both hopped right in and started dunking
and shaking.  One was a White Throated Sparrow at the end of my drive and
the other was a Robin down the road a bit.  They didn't seem to mind the
cool air or covering of ice one bit, seemed to be more worried about
appearances.

Take care, Craig Armstrong / Chapel Hill