Hermit thrush

After yesterday's "microburst"  which blew heavy wooden rocking chairs over
on my deck, I had a feeding frenzy all day at the feeders....some of which
I had to pick up off the ground. The highlight of the birds was a Hermit
thrush that kept fluterring up to a log suet feeder on my deck up under the
eaves. I am sure he was able to partake of some of my homemade peanut
butter concoction, and I am sure he had to be pretty hungry to come so
close to the house and so far off the ground. (It is a 2 story high deck).
What a thrill to see such a beautiful bird up close. They have come to my
birdbaths and to large puddles in my driveway, but not to the feeders before.

I saw a mockingbird with no tail this morning in the same area where I' ve
seen him harrassing the Pileated's in a dogwood tree. We got very little
ice from that storm a couple of weeks ago so I was wondering how he lost
his complete tail!?

Have a great birding weekend!
Katie Fenlon
Clemson,SC