Western Grebe in Buncombe County

At noon on Saturday we saw a lone Western Grebe at Lake Julian, south of
Asheville, NC (a few feet off the parking lot for easy views).

It was swimming/diving with a Pied-billed Grebe and some Mallards for
easy size comparison.  The bill is distinctly longer than the head, the
eye is in the dark part of the lores.  The lores are quite dark but it
may be early for full winter plumage. The bill color is darkish yellow
but it is a dark, cloudy day.  It was fishing alone for a long time but
the wind was high today and when some ducks swam by it just followed
them to the protected cove by the parking lot.  It acts
uncomfortable/nervous but I would feel that way too a few hundred miles
from home.

Also:
3 Tom Turkeys
1 Hermit Thrush