Baltimore Oriole

Have been enjoying the antics of Baltimore Oriole coming to our suet (homemade)
feeder in front yard the past few days.  Today, it discovered a Perky-4
hummingbird feeder on our back porch.  At first, I thought the squirrels knocked
the bee guards off the feeder.  But, several minutes later, saw the oriole at the
humfeeder.  Needless to say, am accommodating the oriole by not having bee guards
on the Perky-4.  What a treat to have such a beautiful new yard bird to add to the
list!  Do have a question, if you all don't mind.  I've checked Chapel Hill
Checklist.  Listed as "r" this time of year.  Has anyone else had Baltimore
Orioles this time of year?  Is there any difference between an oriole feeder and a
hummingbird feeder & the nectar solution that is fed?  Also, I've put out sliced
oranges.  Not interested in it.  Gonna try grape jelly in am.  Oriole was eating
sunflower chips on back porch.  Is this typical?  Don't know how long it will
stay.  Also, do have a Selasphorus hummer coming to feeders.  Hasn't been a big
feeder user till this cooler weather but still is not a regular visitor.  Hope ya
all don't mind my questions (since I'm just a backyard birder).  Please e-mail me
privately so as not to tie up list.  Thanks.

Paulette Biles
Hampstead, NC
jppt441@bellsouth.net