yard book and missing book

Howdy,

I was eating lunch at the dining room table at just the right time today
to see a new yard bird--a Brown Creeper--climbing up the truck of a
maple tree! A Yellow-rumped Warbler flew in and chased the creeper away,
and then chased a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, too. They sure are territorial,
even though it's winter!

I received an email from Todd Bishop. He recently found a National
Geographic
"Birds of North America" book with the inscription "Wheelan 6/90" on the
inside page in the back of his truck. In late November or early December
he was on a
Saturday morning Chapel Hill Bird Club hike and thinks the book was left
in the truck by accident by a birder. If this sounds like a book you
lost, let me know!

Happy birding! Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC
chickadeebirders@earthlink.net