Hooper Lane, Mills River, NC Venture

 C-birders:
We ran our first day-trip of the year yesterday (5 Jan) with sleet and grey
skies to start with. Thankfully the weather improved and we ended up with
almost 50 species in the farmlands and fields near the Asheville, NC
airport.
The highlights are as follows:
Horned Lark -flock of over 75 birds
Lapland Longspur -6-8, inc. an adult male
American Pipit
Ring-billed Gull
Northern Harrier 1 male
6 sparrows, inc. White-crowned and Field

Our next Ventures are as follows:
January 10-13 Sandhill Cranes in Chattannooga, TN (2 spaces left)
January 23 -26 Charleston, SC Winter Birding
February 16  Duck Identification Day, Henderson and Buncombe Counties, NC
For further information please contact the Ventures Office
A full trip report of each Venture can be found on our website
Simon

 Simon Thompson
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours
PO Box 1095