GBBC, NAMCs and 2003 bird counts for the Triangle

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Karen Bearden wrote:

> To answer to Linda's question about the Great Backyard Bird Count, check
> out Cornell's Lab of Ornithology website at: www.birdsource.org.
> The count takes place February 14-17.

On top of that, even though we were still doing 2002 CBCs less than a week
ago, the 2003 bird counts for the Triangle are already posted on Will
Cook's website! Boy, that Will really has his act together...
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/chbc/countsched.html

In addition to that, he mentions the North American Migration Counts: May
10 for spring, September 20 for fall. Last I heard, Donna Bailey was the
state NAMC coordinator for SC, and Phil Crutchfield for NC, so talk to
them if you want to count migrants in any particular county those days.

And don't forget those Carolina Bird Club meeting either:
http://www.carolinabirdclub.org/meeting_dates.html

Mark your calendars!

Josh

Joshua S. Rose