Great Blue Heron and Koi Pond conflict

My project leader at work has two Koi Ponds in his back yard, he has had
problems on and off with Great Blue Herons stealing his fish. To stop them he
was told to place a net over the pond. This discouraged all of the Herons
except one persistent bird. He keep coming back and and sticking his head under
the net. Midweek he broke his wing trying to get the fish from under the net
and and had to be picked to be taken to a rehab center.

This was a very upsetting experience for my boss and his wife and they want to
find another way to keep the birds from eating the fish. I told him I would
post this to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and found another
solution.

--
Linda Sharp
Greenville, SC