Henderson County/Ross's Geese

Folks,
        I went back out to Hooper lane about 3:00 PM with Ron Selvey to
again view the Ross's Geese and Snow Geese.  The birds were in the same
field but were very unsettled.  There was a Navy P-3 Orion aircraft shooting
touch and goes at the airport and there seemed to be a relation with the low
approaches and the geese taking off fairly often.  At about 4:00 PM they
took off and headed south.  We watched them for several minutes and they
appeared to decend near #191.  Ron, Jeff Catlin, Glenda & John Smith and I
headed that way and again found the birds in a corn stubble field, 50 yards
off #191.  We had brilliant scope views, took video and digi-scoped these
birds until we had enough.  They were last seen about 1/4 mile south of
Hooper Lane on Rt. #191 opposite Carolina Roses on the south side of the
road.  Just before the bridge there is a yellow sign about bridge icing.
The birds were at most were about 50 yards off the road from this sign.
Best regards,
Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe
Hendersonville, N. C. 28791