wintering ruby throats--furthest north in coastal NC

In answer to Jeff Lewis' Q. about wintering
ruby-throats, and how far north...Not this year, but
three years ago we had a ruby-throat over winter at
our place here in Coinjock, Currituck County, about 30
miles north of Southern Shores, Dare County.

Susan Campbell told us at that time it was the
furthest north for this bird in our vicinity.

Today, with snow, the red-wing blackbirds have bullied
away all our other birds...they've even run the
goldfinches off the thistle feeders....any
suggestions?

linda

=====
--Linda Jeannette Ward