January 27 Chapel Hill Bird Club

Howdy!

I'm writing to invite you to the educational Chapel Hill Bird Club
meeting, "Basics of Bird Anatomy," on Monday, January 27. Our very own
Norm Budnitz and Will Cook will use museum skins, skeletons and other
bird bits and pieces from the Duke University collection to provide an
introduction to bird anatomy. Just what are primaries, wing coverts,
and lores? Why are they called SHARP-SHINNED Hawks, RED-BELLIED
Woodpeckers, and Northern ROUGH-WINGED Swallows? Answers to these and
other anatomical, nomenclatural, ornithological conundrums at our
meeting!

Refreshments at 7:15 pm; the meeting starts at 7:30 pm at Binkley
Baptist Church on Willow Drive on 15-501 in Chapel Hill, near University
Mall.

Sounds like fun. Hope to see you there!

Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC