Re: feeder birds, Lexington, SC

I've been off the list for awhile.  Some new species joined my life list
in the meantime, such as Little Penguin, Superb Fairy-Wren, and Pied
Currawong--but I won't get into that since it was not in the Carolinas!

Similar to Donna's report, the birds put on a show today at the feeders here
near Irmo, SC, also in Lexington County.  A pair of Rusty Blackbirds
fed underneath one of the feeders--a new species for my yard and county lists!
A Hermit Thrush spent a long time at the suet.  It was the first one I've
seen here this winter.  Later, two Pine Warblers and a Yellow-rumped
(Myrtle) Warbler took turns at the suet, along with the other usual
species.  Altogether, I spotted 22 species feeding on the seed we put out
today!  (Curiously, I didn't see a Brown Thrasher.  We haven't had any
Purple Finches or Pine Siskins at all this winter.)

The White-throated Sparrow with a white tail feather, which we first
spotted here four years ago (our first winter here), blended in better than
usual with the rare snow.

Jerry Griggs
Columbia, SC