From: Leah Campbell
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 8:02 PM
Subject: brighter goldfinch

Dear C-Birders,

Anyone beginning to notice a gradual brightening of goldfinch feathers? I
saw one male today with bright yellow patches on his back. I know individual
birds molt at different times, but I wasn't expecting this  until later in
the season.

Leah

p.s. Those pretty creatures can consume a small fortune in thistle during
the cold weather!

Leah Campbell
Cornwell, SC
faeriemaiden@hotmail.com

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become a part of the silence."
Robert Lynd