Golden eagle in Charleston, SC

I saw an adult or 2nd year golden eagle at 1pm today  outside of my
office and near Porter Gaud school in Charleston, SC.  It was over the
marsh on the south side of the harbor moving towards James Island where
the connector intersects with Harborview Rd.  It had a lot of herons and
egrets stirred up in the marsh.   I continued to look for it
periodically throughout the afternoon, but without any luck.  It was an
all dark eagle, relatively small head, large tail, large wings, slight
dihedral in flight.

Craig Watson
Mt. Pleasant, SC
(843)881-2652