birding San Diego area

Carolinabirders,

We are planning to visit the San Diego,CA area the end
of Feb. I'd appreciate any info about the best areas
to bird. We have the National Geo Guide to Birding
Sites, and it seems to offer pretty good info about
where to find which species...are there any other bird
finding books that are exceptional?

Has anyone flown NorthWest airlines to San Diego?
Wondering what the flight is like--they do not offer a
choice between 1st class and coach, for example...

Any experiences regarding lodging would be
welcome...we'd like to find something with kitchen or
kitchenette type of thing if possible.

Thanks,
linda

=====