Re: Wilson's Warbler in Simpsonville

A Wilson's Warbler was reported from Pendleton, SC on Jan 27 2000 by four observers (Chat 64,No 3). This is even further west than Simpsonville.

There are at least 8 other winter (Dec 21-Mar 21) reports of this species from SC, 6 of which occurred in counties adjacent to the immediate coast, and 2 in the Coastal Plain (approximately).

There have been at least 49 reports of this species from SC in the last 49 years --- 29 were in counties adjacent to the immediate coast.

Oddly, the highest count of this species in SC I can find is 3 --- also from the winter!!! --- Jan 25 1981 at Santee NWR!

I don't have access to ALL occurrences of Wilson's Warblers in SC. There may be reports in the Christmas Bird Count database that are even more impressive.