squirrels

I know most folks have not reached Zen with the squirrels but had to say
after throwing out peanuts and watching one, i was laughing so hard I
couldn't hold my bins.  The squirrel picked up a peanut inspected one end
and then went about faking out his brethren by digging several false
storage holes and then "planting" the peanut in one.  It was so close I
could see its little paws pat the leaves over it.  On a bird note, my pine
warblers seem to have left, have yellow-rumped and song sp. in the yard.
Also, a Red bellied wp picked up some cracked corn and went to a tree,
hitched down it until he found a crack for the corn and pounded away.  I
have never seen them on the ground before.  Have a lot of "drink your tea"
and song sp songs going on along with cardinal, despite the weather, spring
is coming.  barb brooks, Hillsborough, NC  brooksba@mindspring.com

--- Barbara Brooks
--- brooksba@mindspring.com
   Hillsborough, NC