Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:44:28 -0500
From: eyoungs@comcast.net
Subject: DOVEKIE and GLAUCOUS GULL
To: Dennis Forsythe <Dennis.Forsythe@citadel.edu>

Dennis,
>From Ft. Moultre Sullivans Island Feb. 26 3-330 pm I saw a Dovekie and a first winter Gluascous Gull.  The
Dovekie was seen well flying into the harbor.  A number of N. Gannets (all adults) were also well into the harbor
(as far as Sumter).  The Glaucous Gull was flying out of the harbor with 8 Herring Gulls.  The rocky jetties visible
on the south side of the harbor look great for eiders and Harlequin Ducks--are the reachable?  I recently moved
to Mt. Pleasant from northern Virginia.  I have birded several times this year at Breach's Inlet (I saw your post
recently).
Hope all is well,
David Abbott
Mt. Pleasant