Re:Ordinary stuff/birdsong

It is probably not that uncommon, but for us this is the first time we
have observed a flock (10-12) of Red-winged Blackbirds visiting our
backyard.  They are feeding off a seed mixture I have been spreading on
the mulched path of our garden,along with Grackles, White-Throated
Sparrows, Juncos,Song Sparrows,Mourning Doves etc. I did see one R-W
Blackbird after the sleet storm during the GBBC weekend.
The Cardinals,Wrens and Towhees are becoming more musical. The Pine
Warblers are still visiting the suet and singing there sweet trill ever
so often.
The gradual warming of a spring season is going to be greatly welcomed
after this winter in the Piedmont.

For anyone interested in hearing some samples or buying CDs/tapes of
British and European birdsongs please visit www.wildsong.co.uk. Since
1992, Geoffrey Sample has been making high quality recordings of nature
sounds of this area.  I found this site while searching for the sound of
the Nightingale,after reading about the wanderings of naturalist,Edwin
Way Teale and his wife Nellie, on a 11,000 mile journey through
"Springtime in Britain" in the late 1960's.

Jules L.Fraytet
Charlotte