Thrush?

Hey folks-
  I am an amateur at birding and have just recently gotten started with
learning songs and calls. On my walk to school this morning i heard a
bird that sounded for all the world like a thrush; that metallic
flute-like reverberation being very distinctive. The call itself was two
short notes (not flute-like) followed by a longer, more musical note. I
thought towhee at first, but the flutey quality soon convinved me it was
not that. I am guessing either Hermit or Wood Thursh, though i am not
familiar with typical distributions this time of year (which is the
appropriate map - CBC or BBS?). I am in Raleigh just north of the NC
State campus and the bird was heard in a hedge along a neighbor's
driveway... any help on what it might be? Please respond off the list...

Thanks in advance,
Dave Hewitt
Raleigh, NC
--