Wood Thrush announces Spring

This afternoon, while working in the yard, I've heard the unmistakable, liquid
flutelike "Eee oh Lay" of a wood thrush several times. The only reason that I
mention it, is that I notice that it appears a little early in the year,
considering that Will Cook's excellent CHBC weekly frequency Checklist shows
wood thrushes not really showing up in this area until mid-April. I am a bit
west of that specific area.

Anyway, it's neat to hear these wonderful melodic harbingers of Spring again.

Mike Swaim
between Efland and Mebane, NC
Orange Co.
miaim@mebte