Re: owl fans

Interesting. We had a Barred Owl nest in our backyard about 10 years ago &
the male stood guard for several days..I thought it might be to keep
squirrels away, which had occupied the cavity previously, but wondered if
the male might be trying to prevent copulations from another male during his
female's fertilizable period..