Thick-Billed Murre

Dear Carolinabirders,
After a call from Wayne Irvin(in Southern Pines), I headed to Fort Macon and saw the Thick-Billed Murre swimming and diving in the waves around the end of the long rock jetty. This was at 1:15 or so. My husband, Rich, along with Bob Holmes and Wade Fuller saw it swimming only a few yards away in the surf on the right of the jetty at about 2:50 and it was still there when they left at 3:20. A great life bird for many. Susan Boyd
Beaufort,NC
sarrington@coastalnet.com