Kowa Scopes Digital Photo Adapter

Fellow Birders,

Kowa announced in the most recent issue of "Birding", a digital camera adapter for their scopes, for digiscoping photos. They are advertised for Kowa's new scopes, but I have been in touch with Kowa, and they will work on the old TSN Series of which I have two, both inclined and straight. Eagle Optics has the kit. Please note that you do NOT need the DA1-AR27 Extension Ring to use the adapter with the old TSN zoom eyepiece, only with the new 82mm scopes. The adapter will fit several cameras, depending on which adapter ring that you purchase. They will definitely fit the Nikon CoolPix 995, which has a 28mm lens. The folks at Eagle Optics (in which I have no material interest) are very helpful, and answer email quickly.

Can't wait to receive mine. Will post more after trials.

Buddy

--
Charles L (Buddy) Garrett, MD
132 Dockside Dr