native plant buzz

Thanks to all of you who flooded me with suggestions (and I am looking
forward to more, by the way). Josh: I wasnt even thinking of Wisteria, so
you can rest assured. But your persimmon idea is great, the tree is the
right size and the fruit cant be beat.

Sandy: The Sassafras was a brillinat idea, why hadnnt I thought of it
myself?

Right now it looks like a race between Dogwood, Sassafras and River Birch
with Althea and Persimmon limping along for a fourth place.

I am also planting Sourwood on my garden in the hope that sometime in my
if only it grew a little faster.

THanks folks
Shantanu

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599