Feeder Birds

I came home a little early from work today, and after walking the dog decided to take the opportunity to fill the bird feeders. I am glad that I did! When I was out there, I had the most magical experience. It started with a chipping sparrow deciding he didn't care if I was there, he was hungry! He was soon joined by a downy woodpecker, three brown-headed nuthatches, another chipping sparrow, two chickadees, and several juncos, all within 10 feet or less of me, flying around and doing their thing on all sides. It was so cool!

After a while, I headed down to my deck, which put me about 15 - 20 feet away from the various feeders. After I did that, two white-breasted nuthatches, a pine warbler, three field sparrows, another chickadee and more juncos joined the crowd. I could also hear bluebirds, blue jays, a carolina wren, a red-bellied woodpecker, robins, cardinals and a towhee in the yard as I stood and watched.

So get out there and fill those feeders!

Amalie Tuffin
Hillsborough, NC