Evergreen Nature Preserve 3/23/03

Louise and I found our first Blue-headed Vireo of the spring and probably
our last Fox Sparrow of the winter in Evergreen Nature Preserve today.  In
addition we found both Kinglets and three hawks: Red-tailed, Red-shouldered,
and Coopers, along with 37 other species.  There seems to be a nesting pair
of Coopers Hawks near the end of Lansdale Drive where it dead-ends at the
Nature Preserve.  The Kinglets and Flickers were doing their mating
displays.

Larry Barden, Charlotte, NC