Prothonotary at Bull Island, SC

I just returned from a weekend trip to Bull Island and Mount Pleasant
near Charleston. The highlight for me on Friday was a Prothonotary
Warbler on Bull Island. He sat staring at me with those big black eyes
while I stared back in awe, then he was off. At the Pitt Street Bridge
in Mount Pleasant, there was a beautiful Prairie Warbler and a pair of
Common Yellowthroats. At Fort Moultrie, there was a Loggerhead Shrike in
a small tree right in front of the parking space I pulled into. The
icing on the cake was the beautiful weather (and my daughter scored a
goal in her soccer game!)... a perfect weekend.

Harry Davis
Greenville, SC