From: KCat504@aol.com [mailto:KCat504@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 7:45 AM
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu
Subject: A question on life birds

A discussion came up on a birding forum I belong to and none of us had a
definitive answer on the subject and was wondering what the general
consensus would be about finding a dead bird in the wild.  If one had never
seen this bird before, could you count it as a life bird?
It is understood amongst all that the bird should be left "as is" and where
it is, but, can it be counted as a bird for your life list?  Thanks
KC Foggin
Myrtle Beach