RE: A question on life birds

Up until a few years ago at Tybee Island, SC, the only Gannett I had
observed was a dead wash-ashore at Holden Beach, NC, shortly after the Great
Storm of '93.  Since the bird was wild (not captive), and in a natural state
(dead), I counted it as a lifer.  Was I wrong to do so?

7;^)
Cheers!
Tomm "big tyke" Lorenzin
Mooresville (Lake Norman), NC