three Hummers Oak Island

Tuesday we took pictures of 3 different Hummers within an hour at the feeder
of Joy Hosier at Oak Island, NC. The first may be a juvenile Black-chinned
which has been around most of the winter (has a long bill relative to head,
long rounded wings). The second may be an
immature Rufous (lots of tan color). The third is of course a male Ruby. We
would appreciate
it if some with some expertise would check the pictures located in the
Hummer gallery at
www.pbase.com/sellbirding  and confirm/correct our tentative ID's. You can
contact me or JHOSIER(at)ec.rr.com  if you would like to view the birds here
is the
directions to Joy's:
*go over Oak Is Bridge
*take second left  which is Augusta Dr (do not go as far as stop light)
(August is across from Coldwell Banker Realty)
*13 Augusta is 5th house of the left (the lot just before mine is vacant.
you will see brush piled up in front of it)
    The house is a brick ranch with a porch on the front.  There are three
white rockers sitting on the porch. The feeder is next to the front porch
just off the driveway. telephone:Joy Hosier--910-278-1531

Harry D Sell
Boiling Spring Lakes