whip-poor-will song

Nevermind the colder temperatures, the birds know it is spring! Tonight, my phoebe mama is sitting on her nest, and a whip-poor-will is singing heartily. Blue-gray gnatcatchers and black-and-white warblers were calling all day Saturday. One b&w warbler was so engrossed in its insect-foraging, it flew about a foot from my head! A truly unique and beautiful warbler!

Happy Spring!!!
Leah

Leah Campbell Cornwell, SC faeriemaiden@hotmail.com

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become a part of the silence." Robert Lynd