Help for Visitor to OBX

Hello all,

Hope some of you are out enjoying the spring birds and weather today!

Wake Audubon received a postcard from Hannah Frenier of Anchorage, Alaska with
the following request:

"I will be traveling to Duck, NC April 27-May 2 from Anchorage, Alaska.  I would
appreciate going birding with a local group during that time, or even hiring a
professional guide for a day.  Thanks for any help."

It appears she is without email since she mailed a postcard - if anyone can
assist her during this period, please let me know and I'll send her know your
name and address.

One baby and one adult Great Horned Owl were still near the nest tree on the
Allegheny greenway trail Monday night.  Mom ? and baby were sharing dinner -
baby was getting "spoon fed" and also trying to eat by itself from the large
mammal on the "table" - appeared to be either a rabbit or a squirrel with the
tail removed.  Dorothy, the discoverer of the nest, and I thoroughly enjoyed
sharing dinner time with them despite the frigid temperature that evening -
thank goodness we didn't have to share the meal!

Lena

--
Lena Gallitano
Raleigh, NC