Chimney Rock Park

C-birders
We had our first walk of the year at Chimney Rock Park, near Lake Lure, NC
this morning, Sunday 6 April.
Highlights were as follows:

Black-and-white Warbler    5+
Black-throated Green Warbler    10+     spectacular in the morning sunshine!
Blue-grey Gnatcatcher    1
Blue-headed Vireo    1 pair
Broad-winged Hawk    1 heading north
Northern Raven    1
Also lingering winter birds such as Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Best butterfly was a striking male Falcate Orange-Tip

The next walk will be on Saturday 3 May. Contact Chimney Rock Park for
further details
www.chimneyrockpark.com

Space is still available on the following Ventures this spring:
Spring Birding in the Blue Ridge    April 20
Stecoah Gap Warblers                April 26 and April 28
Graham County Wetland             April 28
Big Ivy                                      May 17
Max Patch                                 May 24
Cranberry Glade, West Virginia    May 31 - June 4

For durther information please contact me in the Ventures Office or check
out the Ventures web site
Cheers!
Simon

Simon Thompson