Re: inexpensive binoculars

> Does anyone else have a recommendation for  good
> quality optics for around $100?  I have not had a chance to look at the
> Burgess, and a lot of the <$100 binoculars I have looked at were really
> not very good.

A friend just got the Bushnell H2O 10x42 binoculars, so I tried them out. I
was impressed -- excellent clarity and sharpness (better than a lot of $300
range binocs I've seen), plus they're rubber armored and supposed to be
waterproof. The main drawback is lack of close focus.  Most places have them
for $70-80. (She got them from B&H Photo.)

About 10 years ago I got the 8x40 Bushnell Birder binoculars ($50) to have a
second pair in the car -- they're a piece of junk.

ObBird: A flock of four fussing Tree Swallows just flew over the Phytotron
building at Duke (where I work) - new for the building list, I think.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu