RE: Update on bluebird chick interloper

(I know I'm gonna get some heat for this, so flame on; I have my nomex suit
on. <G>)

Brown-headed cowbirds are interesting and (dare I say?) beautiful birds,
themselves, and deserve the opportunity to reproduce in the only manner they
know how without human interference.  Have you ever experienced the male's
bubbly/musical call?  The females lively chatter?  Not to mention the male's
stunning "formal" appearance. (The female - 'tho drab - is remarkable and
memorable for her lack of field marks.)

Bluebirds are "beautiful" - yes; but they are multi-brooders in this region,
and lately, VERY numerous. One has to "kick them out of the way to go
birding."  (Where are the Kestrels when they're needed?)

Why not let Cowbirds be Cowbirds?  They will NOT decimate the Bluebird
population while maintaining their own, and they provide a bit of the
variety for which we all love ALL of the birds.

In case one should get the impression that I am a "bluebird-hater," consider
this: http://www.1000plus.com/Cataract/bluebird.htm - to which I heartily
subscribe.

Cheers! 7;^)
Tomm "baker-man" Lorenzin