American White Pelicans on Lake Hickory

This evening I went down to Dusty Ridge access area on Lake Hickory
(Alexander County side) with a couple of my friends.  As we were about to
leave, one of my friends told me to look up.  There in a V formation were 10
American White Pelicans!!!  They came down close to the water, but never
landed.  They continued up the lake low over the water.  This was about 8:00
pm so I would think that they likely will stay on the lake tonight.  They
may stick around tomorrow with rain moving in.  This is my 3rd state bird in
three weeks!!

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club